Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cindy Boyd of BloomingVineDesign featured as Facebook Zazzle Artist

Cindy Boyd of BloomingVineDesign featured as Facebook Zazzle Artist

at the Facebook group called Facebook Zazzle Gallery Directory.
Cindy is the 4th artist to be featured (Congratulations Cindy) 

This very cool Facebook group is designed to get the word out on some of the fabulous artwork created and placed on merchandise for sale at Zazzle.

Below you can see even Cindy's Header logo is colorful and eye catching!

BloomingVineDesigns Gift Shop

So we are going to show you what we here at The Best of Zazzle found to share with you of Cindy's Artwork and merchandise. Let me say while traveling through her shop, I had a difficult time choosing only 3 designs, so I am sharing the artwork on merchandise I found the most eye catching to me - trust me there is more  than one post can share! :)

The first one I am sharing is:

Music Soothes the Soul Print

This print is made from a high resolution version of a pastel drawing. A woman stands, with her eyes close, her lower body rooted in the ground as a tree. Her long flowing hair in orange and yellows, twists around. She can not escape her place or circumstances. The tree roots keep her there, but when she hears music, she forgets it all. The voices of song envelop her thoughts in the blue characters on the side as she listens to her favorite music. A bright pink background helps to make the colors really pop.

The second design I chose to share is

Blue and Yellow Pansy Flower Slip On Shoes

Blue and yellow Pansy Flowers on light blue background.

Here is the third design that I found especially eye popping!

Blue Daisy Photo Album

Bright dyed blue daisies against a black background have detailed yellow centers. The edges of the petals curl and twist with white highlights.

I could not stop there..  Her artwork on prints and posters is truly mind boggling:

Dancing Deadfall Print

This is a high resolution print of an original pastel. This drawing in blue and green palettes was created from a photo I took at my local state park of a dead tree. The branches were still, but the way they wound down to the ground amongst the leaves and underbrush, I saw motion. I used quick sketchy strokes in layers to create the dance. I saw the tree lying on the ground, but imagined the ruckus it caused as it fell. Maybe during a storm. An event of motion in the life of a tree is pretty monumental. I was just trying to glimpse the settling and aftermath of that brief moment.

This is another one of Cindy's original Artwork prints:

Hold On

This was an Acrylic painting done a couple years ago. It is about hanging on when you have nothing left. It takes place in winter because even though there are no leaves... spring is coming. The trees just need to hang on... a little longer. It is about love, endurance and moving forward.
Last but certainly not least, My favorite:

Edgar Allan poe Telltale Heart Illustration Print

This is a high resolution print of an original pastel illustration inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's Telltale Heart. In the poem the subject becomes disturbed and can not tell if the things he hears come from heaven or hell. Even the beating of his own heart drives him from his sleep. If you haven't read it, I won't ruin it for you, but this image was inspired by a few lines at the beginning of the poem. The man sits up in his bed in feverish anxiousness as he attempts to determine the fate of his own sanity. The otherworldly feel is denoted by a large spiral checkerboard, the perspective is strong and skewed to emphasize the room as opposed to the subject. Bright bold colors give the finishing touch to the technicolor dream that he tries so desperately to wake from.

A huge congrats to Cindy for being chosen to be featured this week..I have enjoyed my  visit to your wonderful shop!

Cindy's profile states: I am a freelance graphic designer, a fine artist and a jewelry maker, and founder of Strung Together Beader's Circle. I began attending college at the Art Institute of Chicago in the 90's for painting and drawing and am currently completing my graphic design degree. I do landscape and floral photography in my spare time which provides the bulk of images I use on my products. I also draw in pastel and paint in oil and acrylic. I am always trying new things.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment